Puerto del Rey Marina Fajardo
4900 State Road 3 Km. 51.4
Fajardo, Puerto Rico 00738
Tels: 787-616-7543 • (787) 529-2496
We meet our charter guests in the town of FAJARDO, Puerto Rico, from where the sailing trip starts.
To reach our meeting location, simply enter this into your GPS:
Puerto Del Rey Marina Fajardo
Address of Puerto Del Rey Marina:
4900 State Road 3 Km. 51.4, Fajardo, 00738
Directions from San Juan:
• Get on Expreso Román Baldorioty de Castro/PR-26 heading east.
• Take PR-66 to Interstate PR3 S/PR-3 S in Río Grande. Exit from PR-66.
• Merge onto Interstate PR3 S/PR-3 S.
• Follow Interstate PR3 S/PR-3 S to Carretera Puerto del Rey in Fajardo. Exit from Expreso Jose Celso Barbosa/PR-53 S.
• Continue on Carretera Puerto del Rey to your destination.
We do not offer transportation to the marina. These are our recommended drivers to the marina:
• Uber driver Mr. Murray Guadalupe: (787) 607-0691
• Taxi driver Mr. Mario Acevedo: (787) 547-6941
• Taxi driver Mr. Jose Ramos: (787) 297-9924
Once You Get to the Marina:
When you arrive at Puerto del Rey Marina tell the guard you are going to Puerto Rico Sailing Trips charter. If you are going in the Janise Sailing Charter the dock # is 1403, vessel name ‘Janise. If you are going in the Why Knot Sailing Charter the dock # is 1202, vessel name ‘Why Knot Again’. Also please call our office at (787) 616-7543 and let us know you arrived. Go to the drop-off area and use the restrooms; here you will meet the Captain who will be wearing a Puerto Rico Sailing Trips shirt. Request a golf cart to follow you to your parking space in one of the designated areas. Ask the golf cart driver to take you to the corresponding dock. For security reasons you must take a golf cart ride to our dock; the marina will not allow you to walk to our dock. Please allow 30 minutes for this procedure.
Google Maps Link:
https://goo.gl/maps/kPXszruy2yYu6TPz7<iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m18!1m12!1m3!1d60598.515339876!2d-65.71151170792604!3d18.328697932880853!2m3!1f0!2f0!3f0!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!3m3!1m2!1s0x8c04bd6f1375c0b5%3A0x2eadfcb9d7ed4200!2sPuerto%20Del%20Rey%20Marina!5e0!3m2!1sen!2spr!4v1570909668614!5m2!1sen!2spr" width="600" height="450" frameborder="0" style="border:0;" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>
• Our charter is not a party boat.
• The customers are required to follow the instructions of our crew with the purpose of fulfilling the navigation in a safe manner.
• If you are not on board by the departure time we won't wait for you or your group. This applies if your group is the only one on board or if there are other guests on board.
• If you are late to the day charter we will not delay the return time.
• If you decide to bring your own food and/or beverages please specify what you are bringing.
• If bringing your own food please make sure it is fully cooked (take-out food) and does not require us to cook it or warm it up.
• Beverages offered are not unlimited.
• For safety reasons, alcohol consumption in the boat is only allowed after we reach our destination.
• Consumption of alcohol is not allowed while sailing or motoring.
• Smoking tobacco, cigarettes, hookah, cannabis, or any other controlled substances are not allowed in our certified Drug Free Vessel.
• Nudity is not allowed in the vessel or at the beaches we visit.
• Seeing wildlife in our charters is not guaranteed.
• Charters are not canceled due to rain.
• No refunds will apply if the guests decide to go back earlier to the marina because of the rain or any other weather conditions.
• There are no refunds if a guest does not feel good, gets seasick or for any other reason and wants to return back to the marina.
• Regular candles, sparkling candles or any other kind of candles are not allowed in our vessels.
• Beach spots access are not guaranteed due to weather conditions, sea weed accumulation and space availability in the anchorages.
• Snorkeling is not guaranteed and it depends on the following factors:
- Conditions of the sea
- Direction of the wind
- Underwater visibility
- Seaweed and sargassum accumulation
- Mooring and anchoring availability
- Swimming skills
• Dinghy use is not permitted to ferry passengers to the beach or elsewhere.
• No vulgar, or offensive music will be allowed to be played in our Bluetooth.
• We accept customers between 4 and 85 years of age in our Janise Sailing Charter aboard our 38’ catamaran.
• We accept customers between 8 and 68 years of age in our Why Knot Private Sailing Day Charter aboard our 35’ sailboat.
• Infants between 1 and 3 years of age will NOT be accepted in any of our charters.
• We only accept guests 230 lbs or less in our Why Knot Private Sailing Charter.
• When booking your Why Knot Private Sailing Day Charter online please indicate the amount of guests so we can coordinate accordingly. The maximum amount of guests allowed is 4.
• The Why Knot Private Sailing Day Charter is always private for groups of 1 to 4 guests maximum.
• Please be advised that the Janise Sailing Day Charter is not private unless the customer paid for 6 guests or paid extra to make it private. Please notify our office if you want a private Janise Sailing Day Charter.
• If the customer cancels less than 5 days (120 hours) before the charter, the customer gets charged the full amount. If the customer cancels 5 days (120 hours) or more before the charter, the customer gets charged 20% of the total amount.